Monday 19 February 2018

Spring Quilt Festivals - photos from Edinburgh


I'm back from the Edinburgh Spring Quilt Festival and getting ready for the next one at Harrogate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The hall seemed brighter and warmer this year than the first time we had a show there.  I'm really getting to like the Lowland Hall, especially being able to drive into the end of the hall for set up and breakdown.  So much easier than having to take everything up flights of stairs in the cold!

We have a big selection of striped and plain Japanese cottons and colourful fine sashiko threads at the moment, as I've just restocked.  Fiona's 'green' version of Masu is behind Glyn.  She's loaned me it for Harrogate as well, so you can see it there (only sandwiched and not quilted at the moment).  The colours are gorgeous and she's used the stenciled yukata fabrics so well with the stripes.  I like it better than mine.


My workshop this time was the mini boro bag and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun in each session.  It is quite strange telling students to stitch unevenly and at random, when sashiko is much more precise. The photos are in no particular order and the different days seem to have got a bit mixed up in the upload.  I'm running the same class at Harrogate, so I'm making up more packs of vintage Japanese cottons today.











No comments: